Afternoon of a Faun / In the Night / Song of the Earth with The Royal Ballet
Afternoon of a Faun / In the Night / Song of the Earth
LONDON/GREAT BRITAIN: The Royal Ballet’s mixed programme brings together two of Jerome Robbins’s masterpieces with MacMillan’s powerful depiction of love and loss.
To put Jerome Robbins together with Kenneth MacMillan in a mixed pballet program was a good mix
. Two of the worlds leading choreographers at the same time in demanding ballets, performed at the highest possible level at the main stage at The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden in London is allways a hit.
- Choreography: Jerome Robbins, Music: Claude Debussy, Costume designs: Irene Sharaff
- Set designs: Jean Rosenthal. Original lighting design: Jean Rosenthal, Lighting design: Les Dickert
- Conductor; Barry Wordsworth. Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
- Sarah Lamb, Hikaru Kobayashi. Roberta Marquez, Federico Bonelli, Valeri Hristov, Rupert Pennefather.
- Solo piano: Robert Clark. Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
MacMillan’s powerful exploration in ballet of love, loss and renewal is set to Mahler’s Das Lied von der Erde.